Over the summer my LA (language arts) teacher made me read a book called Finding Someplace by Denise Lewis Patrick. It was not my favorite book to read. But, I think that was partly because I had to read the book. In my opinion it was a good book. I would recommend this book if you want to read about hurricanes. 

When we were at school we made an essay on who we thought was the hero of the story. Before that we made a charter list of every character in the book and how they were related to the main character. Also, we made this really cool backpack project. In the backpack project our teacher let us choose a backpack template. Then we draw things we would put in our backpack if we had to live because of a hurricane. In my backpack I put shampoo conditioner, a hairbrush, water chocolate chips, a flashlight, all my chargers, my iPad, headphones, hair bands and my two fish stuffed animals. 

Before that we wrote an essay on who we thought was the hero of Finding Someplace.  I wrote my essay on Orlando because I thought he was a hero and I figured no one else would write about. Then other people in are class edited them.