About The DA 6th Grade School Trip to Camp Kirkwood

In the beginning of the 6th grade school year. My 6th grade went on a camping trip for three days, to camp kirkwood in Watha, NC. The one thing was we went during a hurricane! 

On Tuesday August 29, I remember that our parents would be emailed at 4pm. People had lots of emotions at school that day, people were excited, nervous and some did not really care. Another  thing I remember is that one of my friends had a phone and was constantly checking to see if it was 4pm yet. Later that  day, we learned that we were all going. 

Finally, it was Wednesday the day we left. When I got to school I remember not knowing where to be dropped off. We played a game as we got on the buses. Then we were off to camp. My bus watched a movie on the way. 

When we were at camp it rained a lot and the staff were very prepared for the rain. The first night some of us, including me, played dodgeball and the rest of us watched a movie. Also, we got snow cones.

We did a lot of outdoor activities! We played in the pool, went on a zip line, we jumped on a kanga, and went canoeing. Also, there was a v-swing, you were put in a zip line harness then the rest of your friends pulled to the top of the trees or as high as you wanted. 

Taken by one of my teachers.

Taken by one of my teachers.

Taken by one of my teachers.

Taken by one of my teachers.

Taken by one of my teachers.

Next post →

2 Comments

1. 30jordanl

Omg loved the post that was great!